Our Financial Commitment To PRS Students
For many people, attending rabbinical school is financially difficult. We are against the accumulation of debt that puts many students at a disadvantage once they finish their semicha program, regardless of its affiliation. PRS has worked tirelessly to build a program that is as inexpensive as possible while not sacrificing the quality of education.
How PRS Makes Seminary Affordable
There are a few things one notices when they learn about Pluralistic Rabbinical Seminary, and these traits say a lot about who we are and what matters to us.
- We have a very defined educational program. We only work with students who already have a high degree of Jewish educational experience and work history, thereby limiting the number of courses we have to teach, the number of years a student has to be in the program, and thus lowering the overall expense of the program
- We have no buildings or offices of any kind. The cost of purchasing and operating real estate is a financial burden that is placed on students or must be offset by donor development, which means more staff overhead. We decided not to build a building, but to build a community. Our staff and educators are worldwide, giving more availability to our students as well
- We have minimal administrative staff. By embracing a “flat organization” model, we have dramatically lowered the number of administrative staff we need. Additionally, by limiting the number of students we take at a time, we are able to focus more on student needs than business operational needs.
- We fully invest in our educators. We provide higher compensation than any published per hour adjunct pay rate. Our rabbis, cantors and other educators focus on teaching the things they are most personally passionate about, which means a higher quality education for our students, a higher workplace satisfaction for our educators, lower turnover, and therefore lower expense to students.
- We leverage technology. By using the latest technology and online pedagogies, we are able to provide high quality, interactive, personal learning that is surprisingly low cost. We create almost all our own educational materials which are entirely digital and source e-textbooks that are only $15.00 or less.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition for the 2020-2022 cohort is only $800 per month for twenty four (24) months through our interest-free monthly payment plan.
Students can save $50 per month by paying annually or in full as well as earn $25 per hour as Rabbinic Fellows (see below).
There is a $250.00 admissions fee and $250.00 graduation fee. Our tuition is less than the published cost of one year of undergraduate, graduate or rabbinical school in any progressive brick and mortar rabbinical program.
Students pay no more than $600.00 per year in digital textbooks, but are welcome to pay more for paper copies.
Payment can be made via debit card, credit card or Paypal. We do not accept checks, cash or other forms of payment.
PRS provides a Rabbinic Fellowship program which allows students to earn income against the cost of their tuition.
We also provide free payment plans which allow students to take control of their educational spending.
We do not participate in any loan programs, public or private.