Masterclass Developer (Contract) – Innovation Program
The mission of Pluralistic Rabbinical Seminary is to bring the Jewish community around the world together.
Our vision is to provide the very best in practical, distance learning based rabbinical education. PRS is the only rabbinical school with a distinct focus on helping students launch innovative Jewish projects around the world. By simultaneously incubating future rabbis and future Jewish organizations, we are creating maximum benefit to Jewish life.
Our educators span the religious spectrum and we appreciate the diversity of voices we provide to our students.
Masterclass Developers report to the Innovation Program Director to provide instructional and curriculum development service.
About the Innovation Program
PRS simultaneously educates rabbis and incubates amazing Jewish startups. Whether students are creating community, developing products or services, launching art projects or any other number forward thinking initiatives, PRS helps students create these Jewish startups through its Innovation Program.
Innovation is a series of guided online masterclasses that teach the business of rabbinical work, organization strategy, development, management and marketing. These masterclasses are overseen by our director with one-on-one support and can be taken at any time. By the end of their masterclasses, students will have a business plan for their innovative Jewish project. Course materials are presented using self-guided podcast-based units, video, handouts, and outside resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Each course we purchase from you will include the following:
- A syllabus with student learning outcomes and course expectations
- Nine (9) video or audio lectures
- Required lessons in the form of handouts
- Our courses are fully contained, meaning that all the content needed in the course is provided to the student. While Educators may reference outside materials such as books, textbooks, films, music and other media, the Educator must provide all the materials electronically for the student. An Educator cannot make as a requirement of the course that a student purchase outside materials.
- At least three links to outside resources you feel would further educate the students purchasing the course
- A quiz with at least five questions related to each unit (twenty questions total). This is a mix of true/false, multiple choice (a question with more than one answer) and single answer questions, not essay or other things that need to be graded by a person. Please provide an answer key/rubric for your quizzes
- A project-based lesson that requires a student to create something as part of their learning objectives
Developers will not be teaching courses live or required to participate in any other activities at PRS.
Masterclass Developers are expected to adhere to all PRS expectations, which are clearly set forth in our employee handbook.
Areas of Study
While we are open to all kinds of definitions of innovation, and recognize that there are an infinite number of masterclasses that could be taught, we are particularly seeking Jewish innovators who have an authority based on experience in the following areas:
- Successful development and operation of independent Jewish communities (havurot or synagogues)
- Social media
- Jewish for-profit business launch and operation
- Human Resources (building and managing teams)
- Business law (particularly startup law)
- Diversity and inclusion
- Public relations
- Educational program development and operation (with a focus on Jewish early childhood education)
- Operating a successful freelance rabbi/hazzan/Jewish educator business
Persons interested in developing masterclasses for PRS should send a resume and email to [email protected]