The mission of Pluralistic Rabbinical Seminary is to bring the Jewish community around the world together.
Our vision is to provide the very best in practical, distance learning based rabbinical education. PRS is the only rabbinical school with a distinct focus on helping students launch innovative Jewish projects around the world. By simultaneously incubating future rabbis and future Jewish organizations, we are creating maximum benefit to Jewish life.
Our educators span the religious spectrum and we appreciate the diversity of voices we provide to our students. We are especially seeking those educators who can translate complex subjects and materials into practical, useful skills our students will need.
While we actively recruit rabbis, cantors and Jewish studies professors, we are open to those with nontraditional backgrounds who can show that their educational and work experience translates into higher education.
Asynchronous Course Instructor (Contract)
Pluralistic Rabbinical Seminary is seeking Jewish educators for adjunct course development for our rabbinical smicha program. Course materials are presented using self-guided podcast-based units, video, handouts, and outside resources. Courses we seek development of include:
- Jewish Children’s Education
- Medieval Jewish History and Philosophy
- Jewish Feminism and Gender
- American Jewish Literature
- Modern Hebrew Literature and Poetry
A syllabus with student learning outcomes and course expectationsEach course we purchase from you will include the following:
- Video or audio lectures
- Reading lists and supplementary readings
- Quizzes for each unit. This is a mix of true/false, multiple choice (a question with more than one answer) and single answer questions, not essay or other things that need to be graded by a person. Please provide an answer key/rubric for your quizzes
- Assignments for each unit, including papers, audio and video assignments (which are proctored by our director or another rabbi)
Course instructors will not be teaching courses live or required to participate in any other activities at PRS. Course instructors are expected to adhere to all PRS expectations, which are clearly set forth in our employee handbook.
Course instructors report to the Innovation Program Director to provide instructional and curriculum development service (on behalf of the Academic Director).
Persons interested in developing courses for PRS as Course Instructors should send a resume and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “Asynchronous Course Instructor” in the subject line.