The mission of Pluralistic Rabbinical Seminary is to bring the Jewish community around the world together.
Our vision is to provide the very best in practical, distance learning based rabbinical education. PRS is the only rabbinical school with a distinct focus on helping students launch innovative Jewish projects around the world. By simultaneously incubating future rabbis and future Jewish organizations, we are creating maximum benefit to Jewish life.
Our educators span the religious spectrum and we appreciate the diversity of voices we provide to our students. We are especially seeking those educators who can translate complex subjects and materials into practical, useful skills our students will need.
While we actively recruit rabbis, cantors and Jewish studies professors, we are open to those with nontraditional backgrounds who can show that their educational and work experience translates into higher education.
Electives Instructor (Contract)
Pluralistic Rabbinical Seminary is seeking Jewish educators for adjunct course development for our rabbinical smicha program. Course materials are presented using self-guided podcast-based units, video, handouts, and outside resources. Courses we seek development of include, in order of immediate priority:
- Intermediate Modern Hebrew 2, 3 & 4
- Intermediate Classical Hebrew 2, 3 & 4
- Aramaic Seminars
- Survey of Other Jewish Languages (Yiddish, Ladino, etc.)
- Prayer in Rabbinic Literature
- Women in the Bible
Jewish Thought, Practice & Culture
- Theodicy & Holocaust Theology
- Survey of Jewish Music
- Jewish Messianism In History
- Mindful/Contemplative Jewish Spiritual Practice
- Ancient Jewish Mysticism and Magic
Additional Contemporary Issues
- Judaism and Relationships
- Judaism and Race
- Feminist Theology
- Judaism and Gender
- Navigating Israel Issues in the Diaspora
- General Skills For Teaching/Theory of Education
- Children’s Education
- Survey of Education Administration
Each course we purchase from you will include the following:
- A syllabus with student learning outcomes and course expectations
- Video or audio lectures
- Required lessons in the form of handouts
- Our courses are fully contained, meaning that all the content needed in the course is provided to the student. While Educators may reference outside materials such as books, textbooks, films, music and other media, we prefer the Educator provide all the materials electronically for the student. Educator may require the purchase of text books which cannot add up to more than $50.00 USD.
- Quizzes for each unit. This is a mix of true/false, multiple choice (a question with more than one answer) and single answer questions, not essay or other things that need to be graded by a person. Please provide an answer key/rubric for your quizzes
- Assignments for each unit, including papers, audio and video assignments
Electives developers will not be teaching courses live or required to participate in any other activities at PRS. Course developers are expected to adhere to all PRS expectations, which are clearly set forth in our employee handbook.
Electives developers report to the Innovation Program Director to provide instructional and curriculum development service (on behalf of the Academic Director.)
Persons interested in developing courses for PRS should send a resume and email to email@example.com